Antibody screen status change in OB patients

Deny Morlino

When you drive 150 mile in the Netherlands there is a big change you left or almost left the country. We are a lot more dence, in this little space we are with 17 milion people. So we have the smal hospitals but there are always bigger hospitals neerby.

I agree with you that patient have an anti E (or other clinical relevant antibody) and are c negative, it is better to give them c negative blood to prevent the formation of anti c. In case of emergancy you will not delay the transfusion because the antibody ID will be easier.

If my math is right, in Central Oregon we have about 228,000 people in an area the size of The Netherlands served by 6 hospitals only one of which is over 100 beds and four of them are less than 50 beds. It is a 3 hour trip in good weather between the most remote ones and our larger (261 bed) one. I am trying to understand why no small hospitals here keep anti-K or anti-c when those in Europe apparently would.