ABO problem

bethell

I have seen this with anti-M. The reverse typing cells are probably M+. M can be a cold reacting as well as a warm reacting antibody.

I doubt if it just an anti-M, as one of the screening cells should be M-N+ (although, of course, there could be a "cold" reacting anti-M under the "cold" auto-antibody).

Most anti-M's are cold reacting. Only a few react strictly at 37oC.

I don't think that there is any doubt that this is a "cold" auto-antibody.

I would wash the patient's red cells in 37oC saline and re-perform the forward grouping. I think it will be group A, but I am a little worried that the reaction with the anti-D reagent is only 1+.

---ditt0---

Perform the test as advised by Malcolm, reverse and forward pre-warm, using Negative and postie control, Mostly d may appear negative by pre-warm.

Am I the only one who is not happy with the fact that the <shift> button is not used as often as it should be?

I know that there is no a, b or d antigen but it looks of lot better if we type them in capitals as it should be. It makes the reading a lot easier.

Peter

Are those reactions from gel or tube methods? I've seen that happen in gel and when rechecked in tube, they're fine. Occasionally, we've had gel reagents get contaminated, and also we've had the "M"-thing happen like someone mentioned above.

I agree Peter.

Good Lord Lisa, how did you remmeber your password after all this time??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you back on PLT.

So Malcolm, I notice your "Thanks Given" and "Thanks Received" tallys are almost tied, yet the "received" is a bit less--does that mean that although you're "thankful", you're mostly "thankless" ????? :D