Is-liss

khalidm3

I so not understand what you mean when you say "Modified LISS", but you must follow the LISS manufacturer's Package Insert instructions for direction on how to use the reagent properly. The LISS package inserts I am familiar with state to add the LISS reagent to the test after the immediate spin step has been performed. And I am not aware of any ABO or Rh package inserts that incorporate the addition of LISS in their testing procedure directions.

(Why would you want to use LISS in those procedures?)

Donna

Thanks

All our transfusion Lab work is on DiaMed Gel. DiaMed provides Modified LISS solution for preparation of cells suspensions so we prepare our donor cell suspensions in LISS (We perform AHG antibody three cell Screen and AHG cross match for red cell all transfusions). In the leaflet they mention it can be used for cell preparation in the laboratory and the cell will be stable at 2-8 C for one day. They mention also " ID Diluent 2 is a low ionic solution made for DiaMed ID sysytem".

I want to use these cell suspension for Immediate spin cross match and repeat blood group checking by tube method from these already prepared suspensions for DiaMed Cards.

Hello Mohammed

Well, you will have one little problem that is not due to the diluent 2 but to the concentration of the red cells. In the ID ysystem, when you prepare the suspensions of the donor red cells in diluent 2, you have to make a 0.8% suspension. You can't use a 0.8% cell suspension for working in tubes - you need a 3-5% suspension. What you could do is concentrate it up, but you would have to validate this internally