Quiet!

sunny54

Liz,

It took me a moment also to get the abbreviation. I believe the reference is to "Shut The F--- up"!

Bxcall1,

Surely you made that post in jest. If my interpretation is correct of the initials you used, I could never imagine being told such a thing in a work environment. Personally, I would be totally and completely offended by such a comment. Perhaps you could try the suggestions of some of the previous posts and have a key phrase or a hand movement or something of the sort.

In answer to the question about re-design of the lab, BB should always be segregated and placed into the quietest corner. The no interruptions rule when crossmatching takes a lot of follow-up frequentl. If you have one lab quality meeting for the whole place you are in clover. If you have your own for BB, it doesn't hurt re-iterating the motto there wither and you can always send a written request to other departments to be diseminated to all staff. They all understand and respect it BUT do make it written - if it isn't written, it didn't happen.

Cheers

Eoin

Our blood bank has half walls between work stations. We have been told by several reps to get rid of them. I am a talker, so I would be oart of your problem. I usually talked to myself. I think that the honest approach is the best, just ask them to talk quietly. They have all worked together so they know when a co worker needs so quite and space. They are just beginning to know you, so be honest. I do not think I would put a sign up, you will definately end up in the 2 or 3 category. Remeber the blood bank is only as good as its workers, and happy workers are good workers. Good Luck!