Anti IgG-C3d cards for ab screen

This is a swtich that was made recently. I just work here if you know what I mean.

Basically we are a smaller type BB and dont due a ton of DAT's but we do some especially cord bloods etc. Supposedly the difference is the C3d cards only contain half as much anit IgG because it also contains complement. WE did some comparisons etc.

Ortho package insert says DAT testing only but we are investigating why it says this. Some ortho people said as long as some parellel testing is done and OK its acceptable.

I think that the prevailing sentiment is that cord blood DAT's only really require anti-IgG testing (though I do perform the anti-Compl at my lab). You can probably do your absc on the poly card if you validate it.

Beware! I've seen quite a few maternal anti-Jkb's that have caused a positive cord DAT by anti-IgG and anti-C3d.

Whether or not that makes a blind bit of difference to the clinical outcome, which in all cases has been subclinical, is another thing entirely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D