Thanks for putting the "Thanks" button back.

Malcolm Needs

Thank you for putting back the "Thanks" button.

I really appreciate being able to thank my fellow members for their excellent posts on all sorts of subjects that have increased my knowledge greatly.

I think that it will be an exceedingly popular move.

Now, how about a spell check especially for those of us who are alphabetically challenged - well, for me actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

You're very welcome.

It wasn't removed by choice, there was a database query / permissions error and it took a very long time to resolve.

Welcome to the poor-spellers club.

For this solution, there are a few choices (adding a spell checker to the forum is impractical for technical reasons).

If you use FireFox, by default it acts like Microsoft Word in that it will put little red squigly's under each word.

If you are using Internet Explorer then you can install iespell on your PC - it's free here. Then you'll notice there is an ABC icon at the top right of the box you are posting in. If you have iespell installed, it will use your default custom dictionary.

Last, many toolbars, like the Google toolbar, have spell check buttons on them.

I usually use FireFox, but I installed Windows 7 and FireFox isn't stable with Windows 7 yet, so I use IE and the Google Toolbar.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...