gel card shipping issues

We seem to have many gel cards that do not read on the provue. We can have up to 40% of what we use a day. What is the best way to keep this number down? Makes a big difference when it takes 20 min to start a load because we keep having to change different cards out. I thought this new packaging was supposed to help this problem

• 1 month later...

Hi! We do the same...we spin pesky cards (with Ortho) that don't work on the ProVue. I don't think that the new packaging and shipping has helped..some shipments seem worse than others. On that note, we don't have as many problems as you describe. This might warrant more investigation on your part.

Examine the cards before loading them. Look for air bubbles. A few taps on the counter should eliminate them. I find it ironic that once you replace a card in a specific slot that the instrument starts over and reads all the cards again. Sort of a short-term memory loss.