Holiday!

Malcolm Needs

Have a good, relaxing "holiday", Malcolm. This site just won't be the same without you! (I just had last week off from work, and I haven't been able to catch up on the previous posts yet! It looks like it will take me another week just to get caught up!)

Donna

In a few (about 12) hours time, I am off with my wife and son for two weeks holiday in Cornwall, where I fully expect to resist the joint temptations of gallons of cider and too much clotted cream.

I'm sure you don't wish to know all that, but it does mean that you have two whole weeks without having to read my ramblings, and two whole weeks to insult me as much as you like, without repost!!!!!!!!

You know, I'm a sad old thing, but I'm going to miss BBT whilst I'm away.

See you soon!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Malcolm,

That's why the rest of us Blood Bank nerds carry laptops with us when we travel! Even in the midst of vacation, there are normally some moments to SNEAK onto BBT! Wait for the wife to doze off and you're home free! :) :) But you're right, divorce can get expensive and ugly...VERY ugly.

Have a great trip!

Awww, Malcolm's going to be away! *sniff* We'll be so lost without you! I think we should all pay a visit to our local animal rescue shelters, adopt a dog or cat, and everyone name their new pet, "Malcolm". <----That way, we can still have a reason to say his name. . . . "Here, Malcolm! Come on boy! There's a good boy, Malcolm!" *scratches pet behind ears*

Um, yeah--so have a good trip Malcolm, and we'll be lurking here, waiting for you to return--and I don't mean that in a creepy, stalker sort of way!

(Or better yet, a great practical joke idea: let's fill up Malcolm's inbox with tons of PM's while he's gone! Everyone PM Malcolm, everyday until he gets back--lol!)

Edited by LisaM

Ahh vacation..... Does being unemployed while moving from the East Coast to the West Coast count as a vacation?

So are you trekking out West? That's quite a move from one coast to the other. Is that good or not-so-good for you? (Hope it's good!)

It depends on your definition of good. My husband is being transferred to the California from Virginia. I have to travel for at least 5 day with my two cats (not so good). I have to take the ASCP generalist exam in order to get my CA license (really not good). I am giving up a very good supervisory job with a lot of responsibility to become a generalist probably working nights (not so good). I might end up working with Antrita (again)( that is good). BUT, my husband and I have been separated from each other for the last year because of his job, so we will be together again and that far outweighs the not so good.

I am getting excited about what will happen once I get there but dreading everything I have to do in the next three weeks.

So it sounds like you have a generalist job lined up? Were you interested in strictly a Blood Bank position but not able to find what you wanted? I've always wondered how difficult those state exams are. Maybe if each of us on BloodBankTalk would concentrate on an exam question (and correct answer) involving the other Lab departments, we could send you good thoughts via telepathy! Good luck!

And good luck with the move. I'm sure it'll be a lot of work, but it sounds like it'll be great in the end!

Donna

No job is lined up yet. I haven't bothered since I don't have my CA license. I would like to stay in blood banking but I don't think any of the hospitals in the area have BB only jobs. So I am assuming i will be a generalist if someone hires me. It depends on how far I might want to commute. But I am moving back to somewhere i lived 10 years ago and I am kind of excited about working with my old coworkers again. i think they want me back (if a job is available of course).

I took the CA state exam ten years ago and passed on the first try. When I left CA I let my license lapse. Now to get licensed in CA, I have to take the ASCP MLS examination. It's been 21 years since i took it and they have renamed all the micro bugs so that exam has me worried. And I have to take it in CA, I can't even take it ahead of time. Luckily the SBB made me get current on hemo and coag so I think I may be okay in those departments.

I think it will all work out in the end, because it always does. And I will be back in the middle of some very good wine country.

Ahhh......Enough wine, and you won't care about the exam!

Lesson to be learned....never let any license lapse!! Oh, I would hate to have to take the entire ASCP MLS exam! I swear they started changing those micro bugs the day after I graduated from Med Tech school!

You'll find something that will work out well for you.....Sounds like you have a great attitude. We'll all be rooting for you!

• 2 weeks later...
have a great time and do avoid the cider. (the lab i worked in had an "incident" precipitated by an excess of WoodChuck Green Apple Cider and i won't go near the stuff!).

Thanks Brian. I only got this today (082910), so I am glad to say that your warning to stay away from the cider was too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:coffeecup:coffeecup:coffeecup:burp::burp::burp::burp: