Competency using web based programme

RR1

Does anyone use a web based competency / training program for their staff ? Please could you tell me how useful your staff find this, and benefits to your lab.

Thanks

Edited by RR1
title change

We are using a web based competency assessment program.

I developed i, and the site is password protected, so I can't share a link.

One of the biggest benefits for me is that we can not lose the documentation of the assessment. :)

I am lucky enough to live in Ontario and I am using Transfusion Ontario's site for our competencies this year. A lot less work for me, questions are straight forward, and I think staff are learning new things (I would have only asked them the things we do - the site broadens that),

Thank you everyone for giving me details on the other programs, I have had a brief look- and they all seem very good. I'll be trying out the Transfusion Ontario site in next few days...will let you know how it goes!

Hi,

We use www.learnbloodtransfusion.org.uk Not sure of the cost. People like the fact you can do it at home but the general feedback we have is that people prefer face to face sessions. It has lab and clinical based sections. I also think that it gives people the chance to keep doing the assessments until they pass and I'm not sure the information actually goes in. But then who is to say if they'd listen to me teaching them any better! We are trialling teaching sessions with an assessment at the end, but it is very labour intensive.

Nicki

Nicki

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

I think the learnbloodtransfusion site has very basic BMS training modules. The web based programs I am looking at include transfusion serology, knowledge type questions. These questions are also set at different BMS levels.

I haven't logged on recently to the above site- but please let me know if thishas been updated and improved.

Thanks