Collusion

David Saikin

I have always found it interesting how they can rationalize a 100% increase in prices in one year. The FTC should be more interested in this type of issue within medicine. What changed to warrant that type of price increase, how can they justify this. Reagents are not the only product within hospitals that this has happened to and if they want to cut medical costs then the government needs to look at price increases on products used within medicine for at least the past 5-7 years.

Being a capitalist pig, I'm a firm believer in "what the market will bear", as long as the government doesn't mandate that I have to buy something. Raise prices high enough, other competitors will appear, and I start shopping for a less expensive option.

Actually, sounds more like our future auto industry, with the government designing the type of cars it wants, then making sure there are no imports to compete with them ...