Good Bye

rcurrie

Hi Bob,

I have not been on the site much recently. Our go-live date for our new BB system is a few weeks away and I am 24/7 trying to get it all done. I am certainly glad I checked in tonight and have this chance to wish you well. I would have hated to find out that you had gone before I had a chance to say good bye. I have enjoyed your knowledgeable posts, unique perspective, and sense of humor. You are one of a kind!

Regards,

Bev

Good luck with the validation, Bev! I always dreaded new installs and upgrades. In my new position I am going to have to worry about upgrades to our our high-speed train control software. We don't want two 90 mph passenger trains running toward the same point from different directions!

BC

Mr. Haig.

Your suggestion of a bloodmobile train is interesting.

Long Island Blood Services used to hold its Long Island Railroad Blood drives on a train of parlor cars where the chairs were removed. The train, located on track 4 of Jamaica Station, consisted of, from east to west, a Medical Screening car, 2 phlebotomy cars, and a refreshment car. On the west end of the train was a power bar car, but, of course, the bar was closed.

sjl

Mr. Bob

I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you. I just moved to Temple from Florida. I work as a second shift generalist at KDH. I know I am new, my question is how come you have to stop visiting this site?

If you will not work as much, I would guess you would be around the computer more often.

Whatever, I hope you enjoy. Blessings

Welcome to Temple! I will try to stay up with what is going on in blood banking, but the longer I am away from the blood bank, the less I will remember. Thus, my opinion won't be worth much after a period of time, as things change. Plus, I will be quite busy with my new job.

You will probably run into Patti at KDH- she used to work there full time, but jumped ship and came to work at S&W in the blood bank. She still works at KDH parttime, though. You may want to see about working PRN at S&W. There are so many S&W people that work parttime at KDH and vice versa, it is almost like family.

BC

• 1 month later...

Ditto for me, adiescast! I move to Oregon, stay away for awhile, and look what happens! ;)

Bob, best of luck to you in your new career. I'm sure you will bring to it all the zest, passion and humor you brought to blood banking. It's our loss and railroading's gain!

I'll miss you! :cries:

Not necessarily, John. I might just show up at Towsley if the topics are interesting to me! ;) It's kind of a long flight!

Mabel, I'm in Portland at the Red Cross. I actually live in SW Portland. So far, I can say thank heavens for Google maps, as every trip out to a "new" place is an adventure! :D But it's easier to navigate here as everything is closer together than I'm used to.

And you should see how excited everyone gets here about a few snow flurries! :eek:

MJ