Doble Red Blood Cell unit by apheresis

We do collect double red cells using the Haemonetics MCS. We have good luck with it. It's harder to qualify donors. Haemonetics was very helpful in getting the program started and training staff on recruiting donors too.

We use the Trima, and have had good luck with them as well, but we only use them for platelets at this time. We are close to implementing our new computer system, and when we do, we will collect combo products with the Trima as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We use the Alyx system and seem to have little to no problems with it. We even have mobile units go out with our buses. These are super for the donors that only give one or two times a year. (our gualifiers do not seem to be that tough to meet,,,,,,,,,,,but I don't screen)

• 7 months later...

well here in florida ive worked for 2 differnt blood banks, both which use hemonitcs and alxy. i personally like the hemonitcs for 1 on that if u cant get the second unit u can still use the unit without "throwing" it away. on alxy its all or nothing. also on alxy if u dont get any blood just a stick the donor is def for 112 days. when i used the hemonitcs if u get one unit its 56 days and if u get nothing u can try the next day or we would put them back to wholeblood.there is no def wait on that like i said alxy is 112 def wait. im not if that is what it is eles where but at the center im at now that is how it is. also on alxy the draw/return cycle is like 4-5 and on the hemonitcs its 2 so ther is a big differnts on this