Ortho Gel combo workstation

Kim D
Go to solution Solved by REN_NH,

We document that the light is indeed green, indicating that the factory set temperature is OK, on our Daily Temperatures and Checks form as a check mark each day for the "MTS Incubator Status Light Green?".

We also check the RPM's daily and record on the same form.

20 hours ago, Kim D said:

How are you documenting temperature of headblock in new combo system?  

green light ?

We do the same as Ren_Hh , we put a check mark on the daily temperature log. The tech support people assured us that the green light means the system is within acceptable temperature(approx. 36 to 38 C) range. Besides, good luck trying to find a thermometer small enough to fit into those heating blocks/wells with the cover closed too. 

Edited by SbbPerson

2 hours ago, Kelly Guenthner said:

We're still rockin' this original setup on our single combined Ortho Workstation.  It's trash, but it works.  :unsure:

If/when it's time to replace our 2 old separate setups, we will try to source an alternative.

Ortho.jpg

My old lab used to do something similar! Just a dummy slide with the probe wedged in the well and putty sealing around the opening. 

For those wondering if a thermometer will fit -- there are some that do, and the wiring threads out under the cover using a small notch :lol:

21 hours ago, Ward_X said:

My old lab used to do something similar! Just a dummy slide with the probe wedged in the well and putty sealing around the opening. 

For those wondering if a thermometer will fit -- there are some that do, and the wiring threads out under the cover using a small notch :lol:

Wow. Nice. I think if Ortho required people to have one of those, it would have been supplied with the workstation, instead of people just rigging something up. 

• Solution
On 3/1/2024 at 10:39 AM, Kelly Guenthner said:

We're still rockin' this original setup on our single combined Ortho Workstation.  It's trash, but it works.  :unsure:

If/when it's time to replace our 2 old separate setups, we will try to source an alternative.

Ortho.jpg

We are using this workstation also.  I was not aware of a new one.  I use a similar setup, but with an infrared probe/gun wire, to perform verifications every 6 months (operator's manual says "as needed"). Other than that it is just the daily green light check for temp. 

I have ordered a wire thermometer similar to the picture shown and plan to use that to verify green light.  Thanks everyone for responses.  I am concerned inspector won't accept light is green so okay!!!