Octaplas and SoftBank

kef

My institution is looking at Octaplas as a product that we may use in the future.  We use SoftBank and we are unable to print any labels due to the X product codes, for example:

X001000 = Blood Group O

Any suggestions as to how you handle these units in your BB computer system would be much appreciated!

I know that there are separate blood type barcodes for autologous units in ISBT.  Are you saying that there are also separate blood type bar codes in ISBT for Octaplas?  If so, there is probably a table or dictionary or some such that lists all of the ISBT barcodes for various blood types and these new codes need to be added to that table/dictionary (or whatever you call them in Softbank).

I also went through this with Soft.  Each blood type of Octaplas has a different product code.  Group AB is X0004000 for the frozen product and X0008000 for the thawed product.  The product is not labeled with an Rh  Soft says they are waiting for ICCBBA to provide them with specs for the Octaplas labels.  I was able to print the thawed product labels manually using Shift-F9 but there is only the barcode and eye readable number.  The product name does not print. I was not able to scan in the DIN because it begins with the country code X.  Soft currently only recognizes W for USA and C for Canada.  You can manually type the DIN in and it does not ask for a check digit..

• 3 weeks later...

I also went through this with Soft.  Each blood type of Octaplas has a different product code.  Group AB is X0004000 for the frozen product and X0008000 for the thawed product.  The product is not labeled with an Rh  Soft says they are waiting for ICCBBA to provide them with specs for the Octaplas labels.  I was able to print the thawed product labels manually using Shift-F9 but there is only the barcode and eye readable number.  The product name does not print. I was not able to scan in the DIN because it begins with the country code X.  Soft currently only recognizes W for USA and C for Canada.  You can manually type the DIN in and it does not ask for a check digit..

thank you for the information! kef

:rolleyes:Hi Softbank users:  If you are utilizing HemaTrax in conjunction with SoftBank you can manually enter "X" product codes into your data base and you can create an "X" as the first character in your DIN.  The HemaTrax ISBT128 software that is integrated to SoftBank or our stand-alone is capable.  If you require any assistance please feel free to contact hcagadas@digi-trax.com or phone 847-613-2114.

Richard