Testing after FFP.

Malcolm Needs

HI All,

Sorry to start a "new" thread, but I've been hunting for the thread about how quickly you should test a patient's clotting after the administration of FFP, and just cannot find it anywhere (no doubt, my fault).

Anyway, what I was going to say is that it could well be worthwhile for people to read Walter H (Sunny) Dzik's Chapter (Chapter 1) entitled "Component Therapy Before Bedside Procedures" in Mintz PD ed., Transfusion Therapy: Clinical Principles and Practice", 2nd Edition, Bethesda, MD, AABB Press, 2005.

I have a copy of this chapter, but, as it says at the bottom of each page "Copyright 2004 by the AABB. All rights reserved"., I am not in a position to post it, as I cannot afford to get sued!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the enormous pleasure of sitting next to Sunny at a BBTS Gala Dinner some years ago, and a nicer man you could not wish to meet.