E.M Technology

• 1 month later...

Extremely popular in India. Destroyed DiaMed Gel, Ortho Glassbeads in the Indian market. Dont know about quality, but extremely cot effective.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard about the new technology in Immunohematology - Erythrocyte Magnetized Technology (EMT)? Any comments about it?

Kyle

I know that it is being used extensively in mainland China too - but that is about the sum of my knowledge on the subject!

It may well be worth your while emailing Prof. Li Yong (who was the person who did the R&D for this in China) if you want to know more. The last time I conatced him (some time ago now, I'm afraid) his email address was jlleeyong@yahoo.com.cn. WHether or not this is still his email address I don't know, but please feel free to mention my name if you think this will help.

As I said, the sum of my knowledge on this subject is in the low decimal points to zero, but I think that antigen mimitopes are attached to magnetic balls in some way, and these are attracted to another magnet or antibodies are attached to magnetic balls and when they, in turn, attach to red cells, the red cells are "attracted" to another magnet.........or, in other words, I'm not sure!!!!!!!!!!!

The principle of E.M. Technology is: Nano-magnetic beads attached to the surface of RBCs(fresh cells), so all the centrifuge procedure can be replaced by magnetic force. This Technology can be used for Grouping,Antibody screening,cross-matching,etc. In my point of view,E.M. Technology with a highly automated platform can be used for high-throughput testing like donor grouping,antibody screening.

The principle of E.M. Technology is: Nano-magnetic beads attached to the surface of RBCs(fresh cells), so all the centrifuge procedure can be replaced by magnetic force. This Technology can be used for Grouping,Antibody screening,cross-matching,etc. In my point of view,E.M. Technology with a highly automated platform can be used for high-throughput testing like donor grouping,antibody screening.

Hi ccibp06!

Are you using this tech in your laboratory?

kylermt

I know that it is being used extensively in mainland China too - but that is about the sum of my knowledge on the subject!

It may well be worth your while emailing Prof. Li Yong (who was the person who did the R&D for this in China) if you want to know more. The last time I conatced him (some time ago now, I'm afraid) his email address was jlleeyong@yahoo.com.cn. WHether or not this is still his email address I don't know, but please feel free to mention my name if you think this will help.

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the email add. I will try to email Prof. Li Yong about it.

kylermt

Hi bloodbanker84,

You mean to say, gel and glass beads in India were replaced by this new technology?

kylermt

I can assure you that there are a large number of labs in India using gel technology. I don't know exactly how many are using EM