Unexpected reactions

I have the case of a 2 gravida A negative ccdee Du negative at 7 weeks

TAI negative during the first pregnancy,at delivery and 180 d'Austria after.

yesterday TAI in biovue negative with plasma specimen in Coombs autocontrol negative TAD negative. At 20 positive panreactive in servum and plasma autocontrol positive. At 4 positive with the same pattern of reaction.

TAI positive in Galileo echo panreactive with panels 3 and 13 cells.

I have treated the plasma and serum with DTT without any reaction to be modified.

Someone can Help me Thanks

I have had 2 of this-type OB prenatals in the past few months. The feelings are that there is no sequelae to the child. You might try autoabsorbing out the auto to determine if there is a hdden alloab underneath. When I find autoabs using gel I immediately go to tube testiing using PeG (and a PeG autoabsorption). I have never been able to totally absorb autoab when testing with gel. You probably will be able to totally absorb with one PeG absorption. Good luck!

David, I would be a bit careful doing auto-adsorptions on pre-natal ladies. There may be sufficient foetal red cells in the plasma, expressing an antigen not expressed on the maternal red cells, to adsorb out a genuine alloantibody. I would go for differential alloadsorption studies for pre-natal (and immediate post-natal - until three months) ladies.

I understand where you are coming from - in early pregnancy I can't fathom enough fetal cells in the maternal circulation to absorb out an allo (but then again . . . ); later on in the pregnancy I agree with you. Us small hospital BB's can't do those differential absorptions . . . and the docs want to know if there is clinical significance to the auto . . . and is it worth the bang for the buck ('cuz here it is big bucks).