Greetings from an ex-laboratory scientist!

SNicholas

Hi All,

Until very recently I worked in a Hematology and Transfusion Lab in the UK as a Senior Biomedical Scientist. I have just moved to a company called SelectScience, which is an online publication for laboratory scientists. Although I don't work in the labs anymore, my job is now to help keep clinical scientists up to date with the latest product and industry news, and provide the information required to make equipment purchasing decisions.

I am keen to keep up to date with what equipment you are all using and what you think about it so that I can advise other scientists about what they should consider when they are making purchasing decisions. You might also find that I pop up on threads if anyone is wondering what analyzer to buy (I am in the process of updating our product directories), or if you are trying to find out what other users think about a certain type of analyzer (we have user reviews of laboratory equipment similar those on Amazon for example).

I worked for nearly 10 years in the hospital laboratories and still consider myself a Biomedical Scientist so I hope that I am still welcome on a site like this! If you have the time then I would be most interested to hear any feedback that you may have about our website, good or bad! For example, would you find user reviews of laboratory products useful when you are making purchasing decisions?

Sonia Nicholas, Clinical Diagnostics Editor

• 4 months later...