sbb

phan,binh

thank you all for your suggestions to my sbb questions. however, i still have some.

1/for those who said they can pass the exam without working in the reference lab or even not having to work there, i don't know how you can handle it? When solving panels , you should know at least how they work, right, how one thing leads to another, whta the next step you should take..

2/ where and how can i get to the website where i can sign up to study by myself and get to the exam ?what are the requirements?

3/how can i buy the "Blood group antigens facts" and "passing the exam the 1st time" from Volars?

thank you vey much.

I have info from the author of "Passing the First TIme." The Volaris Systems and Consulting website is not active at this time. Eve Princler, the author, was too busy to maintain the site. Coming next year, a new edition of "Passing the First Time." Also new study flashcards and the website will be activated for ordering. ASCP has the recommended reading list for studing for the SBB exam on their website. If you feel you need a more structured learning tool, Rush University and George Washington University offer SBB online study programs. The SBB online program at the Florida Blood Services comes highly recommended. The program is about $3,000.00 and is a year long. You must visit Florida 3 times during the course. Once to meet your fellow classmates and learn the computer system, a visit is required for the HLA testing lab portion and the final trip is for graduation. See info at www.fbsblood.org. Click on education and scroll down to the SBB link. Note: the ASCP recommended reading list for the SBB exam has not been updated recently. Many authors have more recent editions available. The books are costly, but may be rented or leased so check the availability before you buy. I hope this helps. Mel

I bought most of my books either from AABB or Amazon. My main 2 texts were Harmening and the TEchnical manual with the AG facts book as another resource. I used other texts available at work or from my medical director for topics not well covered in those books. I did go through FBS so having their objectives and lectures were very helpful. I needed the motivation of those tests every 3 weeks to ensure that I stayed on top of my studying.