ProVue Records

butlermom

We have many boxes of printouts of patient results and QC from our ProVue. Since I've always done a monthly back-up, do I really need to keep all that paper? Patient resluts are manually entered into our computer system (Wyndgate). We are about to interface our ProVue with Wyndgate (finally) so am wondering how others are handling all this paper! If you are interfaced, do you keep any "paper trail?" Do you keep printouts of your QC?

• 10 months later...

Okay, I see this was posted last April -- hopefully you are interfaced now! But if not, read on....

We are not interfaced yet and what we do is scan the printouts and save them on a secure site of our health system's computer. It is backed up daily. Once the results are saved to the file, I wait a day or two and go back in to be sure I can access them. At the end of the month we shred the patient result printouts. I do the same for the QC, adding a step where I actually change the name of the file to document it has been reviewed, i.e. "ProVue #58 QC jan-1 thru jan-8reviewed.pdf" Our last AABB assessor was fine with it.

• 2 weeks later...

We enter the QC into our computer system from the printouts, but do not keep the printouts long-term. The ProVue keeps all testing records electronically and these can be retrieved at any time if you need to see them again.