Diamed DAT (IgG/C3d/Ctl) cards

janet

To any European or Canadian users (I don't think they are approved in the U.S.!?):

Have you noted an increased sensitivity in the IgG between the Diamed card and the regular IgG cards?

Our provinical proficency testing agency is requesting a "root cause analysis" on why we reported a postive IgG --- we were one of 5 gel users reporting postive, 7 other gel users got negative along with 56 tube method users.

I repeated the Daimed card and it still showed 1+, I also ran the IgG 'only' gel card and it was negative!?! Waiting to hear from our technical rep. to see if they can help me explain.

Previous surveys have shown positive with gel when tube users got negative, but this is the first time 'us' gel users have been split (I'm thinking the others that got positive are Diamed users too!).

I would hate to have to go back to a tube method Anti-C3d .... part of my explanation would be that a postive DAT should be assessed by the physician with other lab results and clinical correlation (sound good or will I get myself in more trouble?)

To any European or Canadian users (I don't think they are approved in the U.S.!?):

Have you noted an increased sensitivity in the IgG between the Diamed card and the regular IgG cards?

Our provinical proficency testing agency is requesting a "root cause analysis" on why we reported a postive IgG --- we were one of 5 gel users reporting postive, 7 other gel users got negative along with 56 tube method users.

I repeated the Daimed card and it still showed 1+, I also ran the IgG 'only' gel card and it was negative!?! Waiting to hear from our technical rep. to see if they can help me explain.

Previous surveys have shown positive with gel when tube users got negative, but this is the first time 'us' gel users have been split (I'm thinking the others that got positive are Diamed users too!).

I would hate to have to go back to a tube method Anti-C3d .... part of my explanation would be that a postive DAT should be assessed by the physician with other lab results and clinical correlation (sound good or will I get myself in more trouble?)

From a Middle Eastern User:

The thing is, as discussed in another thread, the card contents may get disturbed during transportation, this can cause a false result. We spin BEFORE using, pre-testing, and then test. Your new results will tell u if your first result was correct or false.

For example, if we get a positive antibody screen and the Ab ID is completely negative, we will then PRE-SPIN a new card and repeat the Ab Screen, it usually will be negative.

Always inspect your new shipment. If any liquid is not in its place (tiny droplets) they need to be pre-spun.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Edited by Liz