New ProVue QC provided by Ortho

• 7 months later...

I'm thinking it must be approved in Canada since I've been approached by Ortho to evaluate AlbQue.....it seems good - 4 samples of each blood group - one with Anti-D and one with Anti-c. Ortho 'suggests' only running certain ones depending on if you use a 2 cell or 3 cell screen ... seemed confusing - I think if we were to use them I would just have a G&S run on all four instead of setting the QC files up as they suggest.

We use all four vials of the Alab-Q Check set for QC, though as some have said you really don't need all four to cover the necessary QC. It's just easier to set up the whole set. Maybe they did it that way to increase sales to us?

Anyway, several of the US based respondents above have mentioned the IgG/C3 cards. I understood those were not yet available in the US. Are they being marketed now? I used them overseas (DiaMed) and am holding off on putting DATs on my ProVue until they're available. No one addressed how they're QCing these cards though to ensure reactivity of the anti-C3.

We are still waiting in Canada for the new ProVue QC provided by Ortho pending our own FDA approval. How has been your experience in the US?

Also, what do you do to QC the MTS IgG/C3d cards on the ProVue? We are looking at preparing concentrated O positive cells sensitized with anti-D

Odif :cool:

We've started using the AlbaQC vials 1 & 3. We feel these two vials cover proper range of results. It is unfortunate that we cannot alternate these two vials with vials 2 & 4 on alternate days. This is due to the fact we have the ProVue software determining if the QC has passed or not. Uding the QC on alternate days would entail changing the ProVue QC settings every day.