Plastic tubes for serologic testing

JClausen

Yes, the tubes are supposed to be crystal clear and yes the question relates to the testing, not collection.

Well, I just received a batch of these tubes, and they are clear, but many scratches which I think can interfere with tibe reading and resuspension, but will try them out.

For years, in a previous life, we used the MLA system for batch typing. I won't go into detail describing the system but simply put, the tubes used were plastic and they worked great until we switched from glass pasteur pipettes to plastic pipettes. Then static electricity became a major issue. We ended up grounding the workstation, putting a grounded mat on the floor for the staff to either stand on or have their chair on and we still experience problems.

What would happen is you would have a drop about half formed at the end of the pipette and it would suddenly go zinging (real word!!) off the end of the pipetted and stick to the wall of the tube about half way down. :eek:

Not sure if they have re-formulated the plastic tube to avoid this problem but you might want to watch for it.