IgM Anti-D reagent

Yanxia

I notice our anti-D reagent says: if the sample is jaundice or fattiness will interfere the result.

Would some friends kindly tell me what is the reason and what interference will happen?

Because the factory is German, I don't know German.

Oh , it is Biotest AG.

Our anti-D reagents don't have this limitation. I don't know how a lipemic (fatty) or icteric (high bilirubin) sample would interfere--especially if you washed the cells before typing. Or is this a regent used in the gel method?

I wonder if you could look up some of the German words on one of those on-line translators.

Say, Bob, besides "legalese" are you also fluent in German? Better yet, the recent poster from Switzerland might be able to help.

Thanks for your replies.

The introduction says it is better to wash the cell before test, so I think the interference will not avoid by washing.

The reagent is used in tube and slide method.

On-line translators is a good idea, I will try it。

Hello Shily. If you can write the German for me I can translate it into English for you - or you could scan the box insert and send it to me (a.galvani@diamed.ch). It might take a few days as I am in India at the moment and can't get access to my mails every day. I also can't see why jaundice or lipemia would interfere with the results. And for Mabel - you can't use liquid anti-A or anti-B in the gel method - the antisera are already incorporated in the gel

Sorry - just seen it was anti-D, not anti-B (Maybe I need new glasses!) Anyway, same comments hold. There ARE some special anti-D liquid reagents for use with cards (for confirmation of weak D and for identifying the specificity of partial Ds) but these are not made by Biotest and lipemic or jaundiced samples would not give a problem with these

Anna

Today I receive the answer from Biotest AG,it is:

Strongly lipemic, icteric or microbiologically contaminated samples may lead to false

results.

That means that only strong lipemic or icteric samples can cause problems, since strong lipemic material is sticky and the usage of strong icteric material might lead to false results since the quality of the red blood cells is deteriorated.

However slightly lipemic or icteric sample materials can be used.