MediTech 5.5 Help

I'm very new to Meditech 5.5 ClientServer, but I'm ready to tweak our BB setup.

Specifically, I want to print a custom label on our BB label printer (with std collection labels) by checking the box on the XM Verify screen, then print a custom transfusion form on our laser printer at the time of issue. Seems like something the package can do, as long I use the correct terminology when talking to IT and set the correct parameters in the right dictionary.

If someone has done this already and knows the things to do and what to watch out for, please contact me at lsmrz@mcmh.net.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Larry,

We created custom crossmatch, assignment and I/T cards. The crossmatch cards print on 2x4 label stock and are stuck to cards stock and attached to the unit. The I/T card prints to an Okidata printer. The report is a 2 part with the back copy being returned to the BBK for entering of transfusion data.

David

xm.doc

Thanks for verification that what I am trying to accomplish can actually be done.

I can only get things to print by using the "reprint" option (issue, issue/transfuse card) and that happens one unit at a time. I want to check the boxes on the Results Verification screen and get all of them when the XMs is done. The "daisy" menu options don't work either. Fragments are correct in the dictionaries.

IT can only get collection labels to print on our label printer. For BBK, something hits the printer, but nothing prints, so it's probably in the report config. I'm new to Meditech, and until ISBT128 is done, I have no time to learn reports. The hospital cancelled my trip to Boston for classes.

Been working on this on-and-off for months now. No one knows enough about the connection between the application software and the printer -- and Meditech is not being very helpful.

Larry,

We use Magic, so some of this may not apply to C/S.

But in Magic, we also have some things set up in the Device Dictionary. There is a column called "Usage". There you enter the Default routine (suchs as BAC... BBK ASN Cars, and BISF... BBK Issue Forms) and then the default device for printing. We also set set the default printer and form in the Default Dictionary.

e-mail me if you need more about this.

Linda Frederick

• 1 month later...

Here is our rule to prevent ordering a Cord Blood workup if the baby is more than 14 days old. With some minor changes (reverse the greater than/less than signs, use the age in months instead of days) you should be able to get it to work.

(This needs to be built in the MIS dictionary and attached to the test in OE.)

IF{Z?0N [f ord err msg](X);on patient older than 14 days."^X,

IF{L(Z,"Y")^J<L(Z) Z$J^Y:0S+0^Y,Z%J^Z},Y>0 [f ord err msg](X);

IF{L(Z,"M")^J<L(Z) Z$J^M:0S+0^M,Z%J^Z},M>0 [f ord err msg](X);

IF{L(Z,"D")^J<L(Z) Z$J^D:0S+0^D},D>14 [f ord err msg](X);

[f ord ok]};

Linda Frederick

This was set up a very long time ago. At one time, I may have understood it... not sure I do any more.

"?" is for a pattern match and I think it allows all of the fields (Year, Month, Day) to be evaluated.

As I recall writing it this way allows the order to be blocked (rather than allowing a message that can be bypassed with an override).

Sorry I can't help more. Meditech logic is not very logical to me.

Linda Frederick

David,

We created these rules because there is an AABB survey question that asks what steps the facility has in place to assure that a patient that reaches the age of four months will be treated like an adult sample. I don't think saying that the Tech will cancel the order and place the appropriate order will suffice.

I actually created three rules:

1)Pediatric Packed Cells when pt reaches 4 months of age (RULE1)

2)Pediatric ABO/Rh when pt reaches 4 months of age (RULE2)

3)Pediatric TS when pt reaches 4 months of age (RULE3)

RULE 1

;If patient's age is greater than 4 months, then PCPEDI can not be ordered.

;A patient whose age is greater than 4 months will be required to have a Type and Screen performed every 72 hours.

"PT GREATER THAN 4M OF AGE, ORDER PC"^MESG,

[f pt cur age]^AGE

IF{AGE#2="M" AGE$3^MT},

IF{AGE?0N!(AGE#1="Y")!(MT>"03M") MESG}^X,

IF{X [f lord err msg](X);

[f lord ok]}^OK,

IF{OK [f lord ok];

[f lord reject]};

RULE 2

;If patient's age is greater than 4 months, then test can not be ordered.

;

"PT GREATER THAN 4M OF AGE, ORDER ABO/RH"^MESG,

***the rest of the rule is the same as RULE 1***

RULE 3

;If patient's age is greater than 4 months, then test can not be ordered.

;

"PT GREATER THEN 4M OF AGE, ORDER TS"^MESG,

***the rest of the rule is the same as RULE 1***