Hello BBTalk forum

areagan

Hello everyone!! I am a newby, so you all can share information about site navigation, etc. I am the Immunolohematology Section Head at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center in Paragould, Arkansas. I just started the distance SBB program at Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center in Houston, TX. :cries: Robert (Bob) Currie shared this site with me. He is also in my class. There are six of us- wish us luck because the material is very challenging. I am sure I will access this forum frequently.

Alan :eek:

Woohoo! Great job. :)

Thanks for offering to help.

It will be designed so members can submit questions and answers. I'll likely need a committee f members to review the questions to determine if they are correct.

Cliff,

Once the quiz section is up I can help you with some questions. Or I can e-mail you the questions and you can post them.

I recently passed my SBB exam..First trial ..Only 5 years experience in blood bank.:) :)

• 2 months later...

Good luck with the SBB program. I finished the program in May 07 was unable to travel to graduation. It will definitely prepare you for the exam. I took the exam yesterday and passed and besides being thrilled it will be nice to relax for a bit. Can't relax too long need to make a poster for AABB. I loved the Gulf Coast program, Clare is wonderful!!!

Congratulations! SBB has been a goal of mine for 15 years, but I never had the time to do it before now. Yes, Clare is great. I have known her for years due to participating in the GRIPS program. She certainly makes you work hard, and loves sending samples with esoteric antibodies (anti-K and anti-KN in one sample!). I begin to worry if can't find at least 2 antibodies in our unknowns. When I went to Houston for the first week of classes, I was right at home, having worked out of Houston for 30+ years (20 for Missouri Pacific RR driving high speed freight and passenger trains between Houston and New Orleans, 10 for Memorial Hermann).

BC