Interface for Provue with Cerner

I am considering purchasing an Ortho Provue. Our LIS is Cerner Millenium, 2005.02.

I would apprecaite hearing from any of you who have experience with this interface and whether or not the interface is needed.

If you have a Provue and not Cerner, I would also be interested in your opinions about the Provue.

Thanks.

We have a ProVue and I love it. I do not want to go back to shaking the tubes!! ProVUe is like a one Tech for us you can load all your routine and take care of trauma specimens manually. You can also load all your other STAT... I believe there was an article about the comparision...ProVue can run 6 specimen type abd screen in 45 mins from the time you load the specimen on the instrument.

We have a Provue interfaced with Meditech 5.5. It is not bi-directional (though in training they had a set up that was). We send the batch of completed test results over to Meditech once completed then verify the group and screens there when attached to the patient file.

Provue is great for batch testing!

• 1 year later...

We have ProVue interfaced to Cerner ME and after some rough times getting it set up it is working great. We have type, screens and cord bloods interfaced. Techs love it. You will want to have a back up gel station for any down times. We found cord DATs in gel are stronger than tube DATs so thewre is not good correlation. Also you would probably want to perform gel panel to complement the ProVue.

We only have one ProVue so we perform our panels in manual gel.

I somehow missed this thread earlier, my apologies. We have a ProVue and Cerner, but have not interfaced yet. We are small enough that not having an interface is not a problem; still it would be nice. We love the ProVue, but not Cerner. In our system of hospitals we have Cerner in the Transfusion Services and Mediware in the Donor Center - not a good arrangement (minimal sharing of information). Should Mediware turn out great, I would like to have that incorporated into the Transfusion Services. So, does anyone know how well Mediware interfaces?

We have interfaced (uni-directional) ProVue to Cerner Classic and plane to interface to Cerner Millennium when we transition in 2010 (planning on bi-directional). I would strongly support an interface. i would not want to manually transfer the results as that could increase the risk of clerical error. One of our main justifications in automating was reducing risk of error.