Problem with viewing website at work

Jane

Hi Cliff,

I am having a problem viewing the new website at work. They use something called websense that screens out a lot of websites. It will not let me view this new one (could view the old one) because it says it is "uncategorized" Is there anyway you can fix this??

Thanks!

Websense is a filter your IS admins are using to ensure you are viewing appropriate sites. Maybe once this site has been evaluated by Websense it will get through, not sure.

Are you allowed to ask your IS people to unblock, or allow sites? I'm sure they'll find this site acceptable, we do not have any inappropriate material here and never will, and I read every post to ensure it stays clean.

Jane,

Here the reply from Websense, I guess it just depends now on how often your IS team updates the database. I presume it's automatic.

----------------------

Mr. Reeves,

Thank you for writing to Websense.

The site you submitted has been reviewed and classified under the

category Health. This update should be available in the next

publication of the database.

Thank you for your assistance,

The Websense Database Services Staff

PW

• 3 months later...

Hmm, it just happened to me too. Sorry about that, I am looking into what may have gone wrong, it has to do with code that was added, it may take a while to solve. In the meantime, you can go to the topic you wanted to send, and copy the link and send that in an e-mail. I know this is not as clean, but it will work for now.

Cliff - I tried to email a copy of a thread, using thread tools, to a my Pathologist but the program says that I can't used this function. Thanks

• 3 months later...