Introduction

Jenny Hoek

Hi. My name is Jenny and I work at Seattle Children's.  I've been in Transfusion Service for 20+ years and have evolved from a centralized blood bank module to a lab inside the hospital. We primarily use gel and tube technology due to our patient population and sample size. We do some reference work (DAT batteries, ABID, Elutions, DTT treatment) and we perform a lot of secondary processing on RBCs and platelets (dividing, plasma reduction, reconstituting, plasma pooling, washing). I love reading about how other institutions approach procedures and problems.  

Hi, I haven't been on this forum since I retired about 10 years ago.My 40+ years took me from bench tech in hematology and Blood Bank to supervisory positions in both to just Blood Bank. The last13 years were in Florida, retired and came back up north to Maine. Got my EMR license and work with our small volunteer fire dept. The lab background was extremely helpful in the EMR classes. Also helpful because I know how to write policies and QA isn't a foreign language to me.