History Check in Epic's Care Everywhere  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Epic users: Do you routinely include Care Everywhere results in your Blood Bank history check?

• Yes Always
    • No Never
    • Only if problem
    • Other

Epic/SoftBank users: Do you routinely include Care Everywhere results in your Blood Bank history check?

You could be neglecting potential transfusions in other facilities; what is the rationale for not checking this tab in Epic?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SupaLabGrl
      Hello, we are moving to Epic in our province. My understanding is that Epic does not have a blood bank module. For those of you on Epic, who is your blood bank LIS provider that links into Epic and are you happy with the module. What are some of the pros and cons of your IT module?
      Thanks. 
    • By AMcCord
      Is anyone using SafeTrace TX with Orchard Harvest AND Epic?
      I looking for someone who can answer a few IT type questions and offer a little advice. We are building STTX right now and are Community Connect Epic users via a much larger facility, with Harvest for our LIS. Our Epic 'parents' have asked us if we have any contacts who could answer questions about our interface build, etc.
      Thank you

• By ab9537
      We are going live with Epic/BPAM and Softbank (current system) this year. Our hospital uses blood bank wristbands and wants to continue their use, but we are having difficulty getting Epic to document the Wristband check at the bedside by the two RNs. Group O policy is not an option. Does anyone have experience with the blood bank wristband documentation in Epic/BPAM?
    • By maybe
      My hospital recently went live with EPIC’s BPAM module, because of which we had to increase the amount of data being sent across the interface (more OBX segments cross into EPIC for the patient/product matching aspect).

The Transfusion Service uses Softbank and we've discovered one the main Soft interfaces into EPIC can only process so many lines of data at one time. How did we discover this?  We broke the interface! One massively transfused patient sent across so much data that it crashed.

Soft is currently working on a fix for this, but the main workaround they gave is to limit the number of products you can crossmatch/dispense on each order (recommended max =16) and create a new order when that amount is exceeded.
      For most patients this isn’t a problem, however I am at a loss for what to do with the massive bleeders. In order to be electronically crossmatched the red cell product needs to be on the same order number as the Type and Screen. So when a liver transplant takes a turn for the worse and you transfuse 80 crossmatched red cell units emergently, what do you do? It seems ethically wrong to flip to the uncrossmatched status just because the software doesn't like more than 16 units on one order. Another suggestion was to create "fake" type and screen specimens for each set of 16 units, which also doesn't sit well with me.

Does anyone else have Soft and come across this problem?

Thanks!!
    • By lmiranda
      We are in the process of narrowing our new Blood Bank software down to Softbank or SafeTrace Tx frm Haemonetics. Our new LIS system will be Beaker (our current EHR is Epic). We have heard pros and cons about both systems and are interested in users giving us feedback on their thoughts, especially if they have Softbank as a standalone (i.e., not part of the entire LIS system). All information is welcome.
      Thanks
  • Advertisement

• Site Suggestions

Site Feedback & Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.