Donor History Questionnaire

Blood centers are given the option to add "local" questions at the end of the AABB DHQ.

What kind of questions, if any, are blood centers adding?

We have added six additional questions, but I'm not sure they are relevant and I would love to REMOVE them!

1. Have you ever donated using a different name?
  2. Have you ever been deferred or told not to donate?
  3. In the past 12 months, have you been under a doctor's care?
  4. In the past 72 hours, have you had dental procedure?
  5. Are you currently taking any medications?
  6. Have you read all the donor information presented and have all your questions been answered?

Let me know what you are adding?

Thanks

Stephanie

1. In the past 12 months have you seen a doctor for evaluation or treatment for an illness or injury?
  2. . In the past 72 hours have you taken any medications including over the counter medications?
  3. In the past 48 hours have you been to a dentist or do you currently have any incomplete dental work?
  4. In the past 4 weeks, have you been in any of the areas listed on Form #16-04 “Donor Self-Deferral Information Sheet to Reduce the Risk of Transfusion-Transmitted Zika”?

#6 is incorporated into the approved DHQ and is required. 

We had the other 5 that you do.  We did get rid of the "any Medications" as we ended up documenting tons of non-value information.  Took up tech time and memory in our app.  People take too many vitamins, supplements etc these days that have no impact on donation.