Laser Paper for Transfusion Record

cthherbal

I am seeking help from users who currently print Transfusion Record paper on a Laser Printer, and then require a copy of the completed Transfusion Record for Blood Bank records. In our state, Blood Bank needs to be able to evaluate records for Transfusion Reactions, so we currently receive the yellow carbon-copy of the 2-part form that includes the nursing signatures and vitals (currently written on the form by nursing). We will be moving to a computerized process soon.

I found the multi-part paper that prints beautifully on our laser printer but I didn't realize that if you write on the first copy it does not go through to the second copy. Help!

We transfuse up to 150 units per month.  RN's are required to fax a copy of the Report of Blood Transfusion form back to Blood Bank (we have a dedicated fax machine). Medical Records routinely scans Report of Blood Transfusion forms into EMER.  I can also print a copy from the EMR.

Edited by Dansket