Joint Commission: New Certification for Blood Management

tbostock

If any of you have, or are planning a Patient Blood Management Program, see the attached link. The Joint Commission is starting a certification and has put out the requirements and is allowing comments for a limited time.

http://www.jointcommission.org/standards_information/field_reviews.aspx?StandardsFieldReviewId=mgiLWAa2c%2ffqDEcUno8%2fP%2f01%2bWyr%2btbPQkQY%2b0m8cu0%3d

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Terri,

I just heard this morning that the JC has requested our hospital to be a possible trial(?) site, and an informal visit is scheduled for the 18th. I don't have details yet, and I'm off that day.

I'm told that the program entails much how how we've been operating here for several years.

More to follow.....

Pam

Hi Terri,

I just heard this morning that the JC has requested our hospital to be a possible trial(?) site, and an informal visit is scheduled for the 18th. I don't have details yet, and I'm off that day.

I'm told that the program entails much how how we've been operating here for several years.

More to follow.....

Pam

That's excellent. You can be the guinea pig. LOL. I did send them comments and suggestions, so we'll see if I get contacted too.