Immucor corQC

Ardele

My busy transfusion service is inquiring as to what other facilities do for QC? We have recently been using the corQC kit from Immucor. There are some who think all phases of the antibody screen (IS, 37, Coombs, and Check Cells) need to documented. The product insert specifies adding potentiator, incubating for 15-20 minutes at 36-38 C, washing, adding Coombs serum, grade and record results. Just wondering what others do who may be using the same product or doing QC another way.

Thanks.

I have used CorQc for years. There is no real need to QC at IS or 37 (of course you can if you want to). ABs reactive at 37 should also be detectable at AHG phase. You may find that the ab works at IS (you use it to check your reverse typing cells but I have never tried it that way). Currently I use this system as part of my QC process with gel. I use the antibody diluted and the AB+ cells. In 40yrs of BB experience I have never QC'd absc other than ahg.