suspicious natural accured anti-c

The patient is a 2 years old girl, A pos,she have not received blood before, this time she is injured her bone.

When we do screening , it is pos,and crossmatch is incompatible with A cells.

looks like anti-c. The patient is c neg, and when we crossmatch c neg blood , it is compatible.

Is it common of natural accured anti-c??? Expect your suggestion.:P:p:p

Oh, I forgot to mention the auto is neg , the DAT is neg.

Because she is an emergency transfusion, we just suspisous it is anti-c from the screening cells which is 2 neg and 1 pos . At the same pattern is anti-M , anti-Lea and anti-P1, because those antibodies rarely clinical significance , so we chose the c neg packed cells , and it is so lucky compatible.

Edited by shily

"Naturally occuring" anti-c is just SO rare that I would suspect that the real specificity is one of the others (anti-M, anti-Lea or anti-P1), all of which are quite common in terms of "naturally occuring" antibodies.

It could just be that the c- units you cross-matched were, coincidentally, M-, Le(a-) or P1- (or P1 weak).

Is there no way of doing further panels with other c+, M- and M+, c+, Le(a-) and Le(a+) and c+ (P1- and P! strongly +) red cells, to nail down the specificity?

Thank you, Malcolm.

I want to do further identification, but this patient's parents don't want, they afraid the blood drawing.

You are right, it is prefer to anti-M,anti-Lea or anti-P1.

Edited by shily
correctiing spelling error