CytoTherm - D4

velliott

We have had a Helmer DH4 Plasma Thawer for 10 years. (I didn't realize it has been that long, but I just checked our records.) I can't say a single negative thing about it. I don't believe it has ever needed a repair. Thaw time is between 12-16 minutes, depending on the volume in each bag of plasma and how many bags you are thawing at the same time.

Donna

We had a Cyto-Therm Plasma Thawing Water Bath prior to our Helmer DH4. We had a lot of problems with the Cyto-Therm. It needed frequent repairs (mostly with the electronics and the connectors.) Our staff was thrilled when we replaced it.

We have both the cytotherm and D8, We use the cytotherm for thawing our prepooled cryo. I like thawing plama in it because nothing gets wet, but it is not as quick as the D8. We bought the cytotherm in 2001 and still use it. It only needed servicing once, was leaking a little. The helmer D8 is great but if the overwraps leak then it could mean draining and refilling the water chamber.