Partial D that comes and goes?

rbayliff

From timt-to-time you do see cases where the auto is positive, but the DAT is negative, which would suggest an auto-antibody.

Please could you give us a little more detail, such as the lady's ethnic origin?

Have you tried enzyme treating the panels and the auto? It may just be that the antibody is an "auto-anti-D-like" antibody. It may also be worthwhile testing the lady's plasma against group O, rr, cord blood.

Malcolm, the autocontrol is so strong3+, and the DAT is neg, it is so unusual.:confused:

We have a couple of canned comments we use when the D is 2+ or less, to the effect that the patient may be a D variant and could benefit from RhoGam, and also to transfuse Rh negative. At least the doctor is aware of the problem, assuming they read the report.

why will i enzyme treat the panel & auto?the reactions are 3+ on my panel,isn't it that enzyme is just use to enhance or destroy rxn? if it is auto-antibody does my DAT suppose to be positive too?but i already did it twice & it is really negative. ethnicity is white female.thanks

why will i enzyme treat the panel & auto?the reactions are 3+ on my panel,isn't it that enzyme is just use to enhance or destroy rxn? if it is auto-antibody does my DAT suppose to be positive too?but i already did it twice & it is really negative. ethnicity is white female.thanks

Sorry, but someone has asked me not to comment on this one for the time being. Once I get the OK again, I'll reply properly.

Malcolm, I am very interesting in your mystery, and I am expect the time you can tell us.

Before I know it, from my view I think maybe it is the antibodies that against the gel or things in it? And there are some anti-albumen show the specificity of anti-C.

This antibody maybe anti-gel or things in it but show specificity of anti-D or as you say anti-LW.

The way to solve it is to change other method to do the AD, such as tube or others.