O:T

khalidm3

It looks correct to me . . . what is your question? There are times when the O:T (C:T to me) is greater than the desired 2:1 . . . if you find a physician who is chronically outside your desired parameters for O:T then either peer review or utilization review should discuss the reasons for this with him/her. I have been on committees where a neurosurgeon was always outside the desired C:T - the MDs on the committee felt that if he was cutting into someone's brain, he could order anything he wanted (I can't argue with that either).

When I have an O:T with no transfusion I define the ratio as '"***" since with a zero denominator, there is no ratio. In my monthly report I provide a gross description of the MDs orders (the total orders and the total transfusions not broken down by patient - though this info is available to utilization in the patient report).