discontinued donation unit

when discontinued donation happed . at our hospital donation center we still contine to test the blood specimen from this donore for all the rest reqiured for rest of donors. i wonder if other are doing same ? cause we are doing something useless since the unit is discointued ? any benifit from doing so . may be just keep record for this donor ?

One of the donation centers that I worked for with the military would throw away the tubes for an incomplete/overfill/etc noting that it would be a waste of money to test them. Another of the donation centers that I worked for with the military would test everything in the spirit of having a complete medical history. If any of the tests were to come up positive they would be deferred and not donate again to find out.

One of the donation centers that I worked for with the military would throw away the tubes for an incomplete/overfill/etc noting that it would be a waste of money to test them. Another of the donation centers that I worked for with the military would test everything in the spirit of having a complete medical history. If any of the tests were to come up positive they would be deferred and not donate again to find out.

Thank you for the answer what is AABB standars ?? is ok both way ?

We test such donors' specimen like rest of the donors, any abnormality notify accordingly, and enter in our data. We discard units. This should not be considered wastage, if one person is pricked by us and we cannot draw the blood, it is on our part. This person should have full reward of donation. We issue donation card to all donors and these clients also.

We also notify our donors of situations where testing is not performed, and discard tubes if an incomplete donation is obtained. In the US, infectious disease testing is not considered a reward for donation, and donors are discouraged from donating for the sole purpose of being tested. These donors will receive the gift card or t-shirt AND reward points.

We also notify our donors of situations where testing is not performed, and discard tubes if an incomplete donation is obtained. In the US, infectious disease testing is not considered a reward for donation, and donors are discouraged from donating for the sole purpose of being tested. These donors will receive the gift card or t-shirt AND reward points.

Do u notify all donors their test results? How u notify positive result?

Our hospital is going for Joint Commission International, so I have many queries.

Thanks for all of u, it is realy a great support from Blood Bank Talk