MTS centrifuge

Deny Morlino

Grumble, grumble... My MTS fuge decided today was a good day to stop latching. No latching, and it will obviously not run. Back to tube testing for now. Of course this occurred as a STAT cross match landed on my bench :rolleyes:. Anyone else have difficulties / experience with the MTS fuge and latching problems? Can't imagine why it is not working all of a sudden as it is practically new (about 8 years old) :D.

I am frequently looking for all of the above along with the token screwdriver in the lab. For whatever reason I find the fix and repair tasks in my lap often :rolleyes:. Biomed is good for some things but as they normally do not understand the operation of the instruments they are VERY shy of messing with them. As a smaller rural hospital lab we do not always have a backup instrument. When the options are to run specimens to other area hospitals (minimum of 30 minutes away) or try to fix it yourself, the decision is frequently "find the screwdriver".

Don't forget to add clear fingernail polish to that list! We limped through a weekend with a fingernail polish sealed probe sheath in coag once until service could get to us on Monday.