HCLL / Galileo Echo Interface

Does anyone have a Galileo Echo instrument interfaced with Mediware's HCLL Blood Bank Computer System? If so, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. What version of HCLL are you on? How did the installation go? How is the interface working for you? Any problems?

Thanks in advance for any information and advice!

• 4 months later...

We have a Galileo Echo (not a Galileo.)

For the most part, we really like it. It's very user friendly, rarely ever has any down-time, saves tech time, etc.

Right now we are a little perturbed.....Every few days we're getting a Positive Antibody Screen on the Echo, and the Antibody Identification Panel will be completely Negative or have a couple reactive panel cells that don't match a pattern. I don't know if it's a trashy lot # of screening cells or strong Bg Positive cells or what.

But, bottom line, we are very happy with our Echo.

our interface b/n the ECHO and HCLL improved tremendously when the IS wizards realized that they couldn't piggy-back something else on our interface server. we also have found that doing a complete shutdown and restart as part of our daily maintenance protocol resets the interface and keeps things going smoothly b/n the ECHO and HCLL. the installations went well and the tech service people from Mediware were very patient and understanding and most importantly, helpful!

Edited by BrianD

Immucor had a recall for 2 lots of screen cells due to miscellaneous reactivity with heterophile antibodies. You may want to get in touch with them to verify that you are not using any of these lots.

Thanks so much for the tip....I will call Immucor and inquire. (Do you think they sent out the recall info to all Echo users, or just to those who received those lot numbers? I don't recall seeing any notification about the recall.) Anyway, thanks again!

Donna :)

our interface b/n the ECHO and HCLL improved tremendously when the IS wizards realized that they couldn't piggy-back something else on our interface server. we also have found that doing a complete shutdown and restart as part of our daily maintenance protocol resets the interface and keeps things going smoothly b/n the ECHO and HCLL. the installations went well and the tech service people from Mediware were very patient and understanding and most importantly, helpful!

Brian - Thank is really helpful info. Thanks so much! I will share it with my Info Systems liason. If you think of any other practical hints that might help us, I would greatly appreciate it if you would send them to me via private message. Again, thanks!

Donna :idea:

• 1 month later...