Bloodmobile Advice

I am looking to acquire a Bloodmobile, which one would you advise? I am considering a 6 bed , 3 history with slide-outs and full option. Anything I should be aware of?

All advice is more than welcome, I have no experience in Mobiles.

Thank you

Liz

I always liked the manufactured blue bird busses. I had a 36', 4 bed, but we had a centrifuge installed and could make random plts conc on our drives. It should have an onboard generator (diesel) and some type of communication with the outside world - I guess with the pervasiveness of cell phones that should not be a problem. We had shortwave installed and could use the bus as a mobile communications center for disasters.

• 3 months later...

Ten years running four mobiles have taught us much -

Have vehicle/generator care contacts set up before you need them

You will probably need a power systems mechanic in addition to a diesel mechanic for the generators

Check the dimensions of the cooler shelves on the mobile BEFORE you purchase food/blood coolers for your mobile unit

Purchase an exhaust hose if your mobile does not come with one so you can vent the generator exhaust away from the drive site if needed

Have a plan for removing critical supplies from the mobile when not in use so storage temperatures can be monitored

Have recruiting do their best to scout drive sites for adequate parking, low underpasses, steep grades in parking lots etc.

Best of Luck

• 1 year later...