study opportunity for foreigner

Yanxia

Hi Shily. I think that your English is very good. Are you interested in doing an ASCP certification or do just want more general Blood Bank knowledge? There are correspondence courses and online courses that you can take. I believe that the AABB offers online courses and the ASCP has a lot of Blood Bank education material available. I received a pamphlet from Rush University a few weeks ago about an online SBB course with credits that can be applied to a Masters in Health Care Management. I am from Canada and I used to take courses from the Michener Institute in Toronto.

Thank you , donellda.

Because I want to have a new work in reference lab , I must have a qualification.

Nowadays I work in a hospital, but I think I prefer to work in a reference lab, just for hobby.

Hi, SHilly,

you are fine. DO not worry about your english. You can go to www.aabb.org under proffessional development, there are several SBB courses. You can e-mail them and get more information. WWW.uic.edu has online SBB program, where you do not need to go to illinois at all. all the work can be done online. Try e-mailing veronica lewis and she will give you proper guidence. I believe their dead line is 15th June or JUle for the course which will start in august. I completed my course in 2005 and highly recomend that UIC SBB program.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

SH=Semeter Hours(here in the US we have FAll semeter (SEPT to DEC), Spring (Jan to May), and summer.

If you are going to do full time you will have to finish 17 credits within 1 year which is August to July.

If you are elgible to take SBB exam/in other words you have enough experience in blood banking and need help in passing SBB you can take Professional track.

In Traditional track all courses are same as Professional and addtionally you have to do a project and you will get specimen to work on.

You will have to check with program director on their policy regarding foreign student.