About anti-Ael

Yanxia

Does this kind of antibody reagent exist ? And why can it test Ael, does it mean Ael is quality differ from other A type?

Thanks for your help!

I am a Chinese. Would you kindly modify my error in English usage, thank you very much!

Does this kind of antibody reagent exist ? And why can it test Ael, does it mean Ael is quality differ from other A type?

Thanks for your help!

Shily,

First of all, don't worry about your English, it's fine. Secondly, as far as I know red cells of the subgroup Ael are only able to be classified by adsorption/elution studies using anti-A,B OR Anti-A. I've never heard of any antibody specific for Ael. Where are you getting your information about anti-Ael from? Have a good day!

I read it in a paper in Chinese. It said anti-Ael produced by Immucor (I wish I have spelt it right) .

Why don't you call Immucor technical services and ask them? 1-800-492-2583. I'm guessing that it might have been a misprint in the article. Have the article at hand when you call and let us know what you found out.

I don't think anti-Ael is the same as anti-AE1.

I had sent an E-Mail to the writer, but she is too busy to anwser my question till now. She had mentioned anti-Ael in a forum before the article printed.

I will try other way to get the answer, mybe dial to them as Johna mentioned above.

I think you can also email Tech Service at Immucor. I had difficulty trying to use their website last fall, but the webmaster responded to my complaints and said they were revamping the site so maybe now it is easier to find a way to contact someone via email.

Are you sure it wasn't anti-Ahel (Helix pomatia lectin specific for A2 subtype) that was discussed? I know this reagent is sold by Immucor in Europe. I don't believe there is any reagent specific for Ael as, by definition, this subtype is only detectabe by adsorption/elution.