Aabb

Cliff

I just returned from AABB in Seattle. What a great conference. I hope some of you were able to attend.

While I was there our Platinum Sponsor generously allowed me to leave pens at their booth. The pens had the BloodBankTalk web address on them. This was an effort to help attract new members. Did anyone get one of these pens?

I'm glad you enjoyed the conference. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend although I would like to go sometime in the future. My employer did have money for 2 from each hospital to attend one day of the MABB conference (Michigan Association of Blood Banks) which I did enjoy but I'm sure the AABB would have a lot more interesting topics. The pen is an excellent idea to promote the forum. I am an administrator on a fitness forum and we have been trying to find some ways to promote new membership.

• 3 weeks later...

Cliff,

I too attended the AABB conference in Seattle. My first time there, - What a great venue and city!

I did "do the TXPO", a couple of times, but did not see BBTalk pens.

Here is a suggestion: How about a get together of BBTalk persons at the conference? Maybe an "after hour", since days and afternoons are busy with seminars. You could announce and advertise it well ahead on the forum.

Also, what about making a link with the regional BB associations?

The Mid-Atlantic Assn 0f Blood Banks (MAABB), has an upcoming Spring meeting in Annapolis, Md. What about sending brochures about the forum to pass out, or have on a pick-up table along with pens, etc?

I applaud you and your teams efforts with the BBTalk forums. I was delighted to find this, and use it at least once a week. I told my Blood Bank supervisor to use it also. He has a recent post. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...