Isohemagglutinin titers (IHT) on Ortho Vision, Vision Max, or Vision Swift

Townsend

Are there any blood banks out there who do their titers in gel on the Ortho Vision platforms?  I have some questions about PT testing, correlation/competency, and testing cutoffs.  We are attempting to bring our titers for Anti-A/Anti-B onto the Vision so that all techs can run and result them for our ABO incompatible solid organ transplants.

Thank you!

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:59 AM, Bet'naSBB said:

We do!:wave:

Feel free to message me and I'll see what I can share!

Do you also do prenatal antibody titers on your Vision? If so, I would be interested in your policy for that if you are willing to share it.

@ffriesen We try to do ALL titers on the Visions.   Nothing magical really, we do titers on all our OB's with antibodies, incompatible BMT's and incompatible kidney patients.  Our test menu allows us to select IgG  anti-A and/or anti-B titers.  When we do titers on our B kidney recipients, we do their titer with A2 cells instead of A1 cells have to "lie" to the instrument and tell it that it has A1 cells but actually put A2 cells on it.  Techs are required to enter a comment under the test report with the Lot and expiration of the A2 cells.  I will PM you the policy.

We are only doing Anti-A and Anti-B titers at this time (pediatric facility, so we aren't doing prenatal titers).  I'm not sure what version of software you all are on, but when we went live with our titers on the Vision Swift and latest software version, there is a glitch in the serial dilution setup.  We have to skip the 1:1 on both IgG and Buffered Card titers (doing that on the bench) and then only setup the 1:2 to 1:1024 on the Vision or we get errors.  The Vision will keep trying to setup the dilution series, getting all the way to the end where it pipettes the 1:1 in the cards, and then abort the entire test.  Then it tries over and over again to set up the dilution, and repeats error/setup until the sample is all used up.  I sure hope this gets fixed soon - if you do titers, reach out to QuidelOrtho before taking the latest software update!!!!!!