Transport container validation

Tympanista

My hospital has a new cancer center opening in a few weeks that is located across the street from the main hospital building.  We've chosen the Credo ProMed bags for transporting blood products from the blood bank to the cancer center.  Can anyone share a validation plan or procedure that they used when validating new transport containers?  I'm going to have less than a week from the time the bags arrive until our cancer center opens (thanks to some poor planning by our purchasing department <_<), so I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks so much!

On 5/14/2021 at 7:11 AM, John C. Staley said:

If the cancer center does not have a blood bank refrigerator for storage and the blood will remain in the bags until used I recommend validating them as storage devices and not transport devices.  This could save you some future headaches.  This has been an issue for as long as I can remember.

:coffeecup:

I've read a lot of the threads talking about storage vs. transport, so I will definitely be validating them for storage (1-6C).  I don't think I'll have any issues meeting that requirement with the Credo bags, so I would rather cover all bases to avoid any arguments during future inspections.  Thank you for the advice!

On 5/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, carolyn swickard said:

Try this -  most of it might work for you.

The link will only work for 30 days.  I could not get a separte copy of the form.  Maybe it will come up for you anyway.  Good luck.

TS-110 COOLER VALIDATION.pdf 125.38 kB · 17 downloads

Thank you so much, Carolyn!  This will be a tremendous timesaver for me!  The form didn't show up in the link, but I shouldn't have too much trouble creating one based on your validation procedure.  Thanks again!

On 5/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tympanista said:

Thank you so much, Carolyn!  This will be a tremendous timesaver for me!  The form didn't show up in the link, but I shouldn't have too much trouble creating one based on your validation procedure.  Thanks again!

I was able to get to the form from @carolyn swickard.

Cooler validation form.xls