Greetings all!

LJGunderson

Glad to have found this forum - what a great place to connect with others in the medical lab / blood banking field! My name is Lisa and I have worked in the world of blood since 1985. Yes, nearly 30 years - where does the time go! I started off as a midnight shift tech at the good old American Red Cross when they had to add staff for their new "HTLV-3" test. I have spent time as a bench tech, a virology instructor - lead tech - lab manager, got our local chapter through "Transformation" and finished with the ARC at one of the NTL's working with equipment and validation. Moved from there to our local community blood center and managed the Education and Training program. I currently work for General Blood, an FDA - registered blood brokerage firm in MN, where I am the director of quality assurance. I love working in this field and am passionate about the type of work we all do, and look forward to hearing about the variety of careers and experiences you all share at this site!