Does anyone have the new classification of blood groups systems of ISBT?

apajares

At the Congress of Cancun was added 3 new blood group systems: FORS, JR and Lan, also been added and removed some antigens from other groups in recent years and so far I have not found a book or website that shows the new classification and the quantity of antigens per blood group system. Now there are 33 blood group systems and 299 antigens.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone has references this.

The ISBT website has this information at, and this is a long one, ibgrl.blood.co.uk/ISBTPages/ISBTTerminologyPages/terminology%20home%20page.

It is just as east to put "IBGRL blood group terminology" into your search engine, and this website will come up - probably easier actually, as I'm not sure I've copied it off the screen accurately!!!!!!!!!!

As for a book, Reid ME, Lomas-Francis C, Olsson ML. The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook. 3rd edition 2012, Elsevier. This, despite coming out this year, already contains FORS, JR and Lan as Blood Group Systems!

Edited by Malcolm Needs

Thanks Malcolm, the ISBT Web site must have been updated recently because until recently that was not there.

Regarding the book of Marion Reid, apparently still not available because I searched in Elsevier and the book was not on its list.

Regarding the book of Marion Reid, apparently still not available because I searched in Elsevier and the book was not on its list.

It is, but it may be under Academic Press, rather than Elsevier, as AP is an imprint of Elsevier (whatever that may mean!).

You are quite correct about the ISBT Website. I've just been into it and it still only lists 30 Blood Group Systems. I will have a quick word!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Malcolm Needs

The website is no longer under IBGRL but now under ISBT, on this site LAN, JR and FORS are added. I hope that Malcolm has not send an angry email

Peter

http://www.isbtweb.org/working-parties/red-cell-immunogenetics-and-blood-group-terminology/blood-group-terminology/

Malcolm angry ! Never ! I've known him for years and he's a cuddly little bunny ... well, most of the time .

(Off-thread I know but whilst the snow on this site is great, smashing the lights along the top of the screen, one by one, when stressed, is very therapeutic)

It is, but it may be under Academic Press, rather than Elsevier, as AP is an imprint of Elsevier (whatever that may mean!).

Thank you Malcolm, I easily found the book in AP. This third edition should contain the latest changes and should be an excellent source of data.