Cell washer

ANORRIS

I am looking for a new Cell Washer. I have always used the Sorvall II and have lots of problems with it. The motor doesn't seem to last very long. I have read up on the Helmer and see that a lot of people are not happy with the weekly care. Does anyone have any suggestions on another one? Anyone using one that pre-warms saline? I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

We have a Helmer CW and a Sorval 2, and have not had any particular issues with either. I would think that any cell washer would require a few minutes of maintenance every week, and we have no real problem with what we need to do for these.

Motors will wear out from time to time on any product. Pretty sure our Sorval has held up well over the years.

Scott

We have a Helmer CW and a Sorval 2, and have not had any particular issues with either. I would think that any cell washer would require a few minutes of maintenance every week, and we have no real problem with what we need to do for these.

Motors will wear out from time to time on any product. Pretty sure our Sorval has held up well over the years.

Scott

Which of the two do you prefer?

The Sorval we have been using for years, so we tend to use that one more often. The Helmer is newer and is a bit quicker to come up to speed and finish a run. Although newer, the controls a little harder to get used to on the Helmer, but this may be because we don't use it as much as the Sorval, which has more inutuitive controls. I would say that both work well and have simular options as far as capabilities.

Scott

We have the Helmer CW for the past 3 years, easy maintenance and not a complaint from any of our blood bankers. Prior to the Helmer CW we did have two Sorval cell washers, it seemed we were having multiple problems with them even after having both rebuilt within 6 months of each other and then they never worked well at all. We performed maintenance as indicated but it wasn't enough.